Monday, December 23, 2013
We are a community of moms helping moms and parents helping parents. Rather than give some small percentage of our profits to charity, we believe in incorporating social responsibility and good works into the very fabric of our business. We believe that the best businesses are good for the customers, good for the employees and good for the environment.
1) Experts estimate that it takes 2,700 liters (713 gallons) of water to grow the cotton in just one t-shirt. Every time you purchase from Moxie Jean, you are saving precious resources--a LOT of them.
2) Moxie Jean has helped 8 area schools raise more than $5,000 through "Clean Out Your Closets" fundraisers. Instead of asking parents to buy one more thing so the school can get a few pennies of the sale price, schools can instead ask parents to donate the clothes their children have outgrown and Moxie Jean pays the school for every item accepted.
3) The families of 12 young patients undergoing treatment at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago have received gift certificates to shop at Moxie Jean – gift certificates which are the result of Moxie Money being donated by our sellers. These families use the gift certificates to purchase clothes, coats, holiday outfits and whatever their little ones need. Thanks to your generosity, the team of social workers at Lurie’s gets a fresh supply of gift certificates every few months.
4) Wonder what happens to the clothes we don't purchase that you send in? We donate them to our wonderful charity partner The Kid’s Pantry, who distributes them to families in need. This year, some of those clothes went to the families in IL affected by the devastating tornadoes last month, and some of them went to a homeless woman in Chicago as part of her baby shower. Others went to a woman in Wisconsin who took in her 4 nieces and nephews during a family crisis. ALL of those clothes and shoes and coats went to good use, instead of being sent for recycling.
Monday, December 16, 2013
Moxie Jean gets lots of super fun items from different sports teams, including both college and professional sports teams. Right now, we have items from all of these different teams listed on the site, starting at just $2.99!
Find them all in our special "Fan Gear" Collection.
Monday, December 02, 2013
Friday, October 11, 2013
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Location: 601 W. Campus Drive, Suite C-7. Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Expected time: 20-30 hours per week.
About the company:
Moxie Jean is a designer kid’s resale web site for busy moms who to save money AND save the planet--and don't want to sacrifice style to do so. By providing a curated, stylish selection of like-new kids' clothes at consignment sale prices, Moxie Jean makes it easy to keep up with fast-growing little bodies, from Newborn to size 8. And with the free, postage-paid Moxie Jean Mailer Bag that is delivered to your door, it's easier than ever to clean out the kids' closets and get cash or credit toward the clothes they need next.
Moxie Jean is a “social enterprise,” which means that we want to make a positive impact on everyone affected by our company, not just the owners: customers, employees and the community are also important to how we judge our success. We aim to help busy parents reduce their consumption and find a new home for the lightly used clothes their own kid have outgrown. See what our inventory is like.
About the opportunity:
Moxie Jean is growing faster than a preschooler! We need general help in all areas of operations: clothing intake, bundling and photographing, packing and shipping. If you like kids’ clothing, have a great sense of style, well-developed computer skills and a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” attitude, this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing company. Right now, every team member does every job, so you won’t ever be bored. Motivated, creative, hard-working individuals will be able to grow with the company in the coming years.
Moxie Jean offers a flexible, part-time schedule and work-life balance. If you’re looking for something fun and creative as part-time work, we’d love to meet you.
· Clothing intake: Sort, evaluate and enter data on incoming Moxie Jean Mailer Bags. Steam clothing, sort by size and add to inventory. Requires attention to detail, Excel skills and ability to work quickly and independently.
· Styling and bundling: Take individual items of clothing and create coordinated, stylish outfits that fit into the Moxie Jean “style lines.” Requires a strong personal sense of style, eye for color and fabric to know what will be appealing.
· Photographing: Hang, photograph and accurately describe the bundles put together by stylists. Requires good style and spatial skills (knowing what looks good in hanging the outfits), accuracy in data entry (strong Excel skills) and ability to keep moving through many bundles every day.
· Pick, Pack and Ship: Process orders from the online system, accurately fulfill orders, pack up, apply postage and include necessary documents. Requires comfort with an online order system, attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
· Consistently upbeat, positive attitude.
· Able to take challenges in stride and exhibit grace under pressure.
· Flexible, adaptable to different tasks and able to learn quickly and pick up new processes; willing to pitch in on any task.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Able to make suggestions for improvement based on experience and contribute to overall team efficiency.
· Well-developed sense of style, familiar with current trends in fashion.
· Direct experience with baby and kids’ clothing, either through personal experience or retail.
· Experience and comfort with computers and data entry through desktop and web-based applications.
· Flexible on hours, able to work throughout the holiday season.
· Able to stand and walk for 8 hours.
· Able to comfortably lift 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
To apply: please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Moxie Jean will conduct rolling interviews until a successful candidate is hired. No phone calls please.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Arlington Heights, IL - Moxie Jean (www.moxiejean.com) was just voted by moms around the country as the top web site for kid’s clothing resale. According to reviewers, the amazing customer service and speedy delivery of Moxie Jean puts it ahead of other online consignment and resale sites.
The Red Tricycle “Totally Awesome Awards” received more than 235,000 votes; Moxie Jean was named “Most Awesome” in the national category “Online Consign, Swap or Recycle Site.”
“We’re enormously grateful that parents have responded so enthusiastically to what we are trying to build at Moxie Jean,” said Co-Founder & CEO Sharon Schneider, also a mother of three young kids. “As moms ourselves, we understand what parents are looking for in a great resale experience: fair and transparent policies, outstanding customer service and, of course, a great selection of brand name kid’s clothing.”
A few things that helped Moxie Jean win the top spot:
“Our goal is to make resale of great baby and kids clothing as easy and as attractive as buying new clothing,” said Co-founder & COO Sandra Pinter (also mom to two young girls). “But we are also big believers in giving back to our community and helping families facing tough times.”
In addition to being voted the best place to buy and sell used kids clothes by parents all around the country, Moxie Jean was also just recognized among the Top 10 finalists for the Chicago Innovation Awards in the category “Consumer Services.” Winners will be announced in October.
About Moxie Jean:
“Upscale Resale” site Moxie Jean (www.moxiejean.com) is the #1 website for busy parents who want to buy and sell high quality, gently used kids clothes. And with a free, postage-paid Moxie Jean Mailer Bag it's easier than ever to turn great clothes kids have outgrown into cash or Moxie Money. Co-founders (and sisters) Sharon Schneider and Sandra Pinter have 5 kids between them, ranging in age from 10 down to 3. Launched in the fall of 2012, Moxie Jean was just voted the “Most Awesome Online Consign, Swap and Recycle" site, is a 2013 Chicago Innovation Awards finalist, and has been featured on the TODAY Show, “Good Day, Chicago,” Daily Candy, iVillage and many more. Moxie Jean is a 2012 portfolio company of Chicago’s renowned Excelerate Labs (now Tech Stars – Chicago).
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
I recently learned that one of our Moxie Jean stylists Katie Kowalski studied photography in college and I asked her for some tips to get a great shot. Her suggestions were pretty easy to try out. See my photos before and after Katie's tips, along with resources to make adorable, scrapbook-ready photos in just a few minutes.