Friday, April 17, 2015
The key to a great kiddie wardrobe is quality, not quantity. It's about choosing outfits that wear comfortably and last longer. Better yet, it's about choosing in ways that don't harm the environment. That's where organic cotton comes in.
It’s definitely pricier - a simple t-shirt purchased new can easily run $25. But is it worth the extra cost?
Friday, April 10, 2015
Any parent of 3 girls under the age of 6 (or any parent of a toddler, really) can tell you it’s definitely a challenge to get them all dressed in the morning.
Getting dressed is made a little more difficult by the fact that all 3 of my girls have sensory processing disorder (SPD), and my two younger daughters are especially affected by clothing.
For kids with sensory processing disorder, buying special clothing as well can add up. Here's how I find clothing that meets their needs and my budget.
Thursday, April 09, 2015
From April 9, 2015 until April 30, 2015 - When you spend $100 in a single purchase at Moxie Jean (after discounts) you will receive a promotional discount code worth $25.
The $25 promotional code will be on a card mailed along with your purchase and should be received within a week of purchase. The code is good for a purchase during the month of May and all codes will expire on June 1st, 2015.
Do you have Moxie Money from selling clothes to Moxie Jean? Great - spend your Moxie Money to qualify for this offer. When you get your promotional code, you will be able to use it alongside any other Moxie Money you have in the same transaction.
Fine print: The purchase of gift certificates will do not qualify for this offer. Purchases made before April 9, 2015 do not qualify for this offer. Must purchase $100 in a single transaction, multiple transactions during the period will not qualify for this offer. Promotional codes have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash. Only one promotional code may be used in any single transaction.
Friday, April 03, 2015
Friday, March 27, 2015
Friday, March 20, 2015
Bump starting to show? How fun! Shopping resale is the perfect solution for maternity clothing. Here's why:
1) You have to have it. Unless you plan to use rubber bands holding up unzipped jeans that peek out from under gargantuan sweatshirts, at some point you really do have to get some maternity clothes.
2) ..but you hate to spend money on it. It's so temporary, this pregnancy thing. Even if you believe in quality over quantity and buying pieces that last, you're only going to wear these items for a few months. Spending hundreds on quality items can be hard to stomach (ha ha). Ideally, you can get great quality maternity clothes but at "big box" prices - and that describes resale perfectly.
3) You generally don't wear it out. Maybe you're a serious yogi and your maternity yoga pants got really worn at the knees. But most pregnant women aren't doing anything too strenuous, so their maternity clothing comes through looking just as good as new. Which means the resale inventory is truly "like new"!
4) You don't want to be a generic pregnant lady. Probably there's a Gap or Old Navy with a maternity section in your area (and they have some cute stuff!), but after a while it all looks the same. Resale stores get stocked from a huge variety of brands, from Gap and A Pea in the Pod to awesome boutique designers you've never heard of before.
5) You don't have time to wait. It's definitely possible to wait for end of season clearance sales to get good deals on maternity clothes. The problem is, you can't exactly save those items for NEXT Spring or summer - you kind of need them now. Get deeply discounted prices via resale - every day of the year. No waiting required.
6) You want to be a stylish mama... and the hand me downs from friends are looking a little dated. New prints and silhouettes are a lot more flattering than they used to be. Keep their black pants and tank tops - but try out modern cuts and styles by supplementing with resale finds.
7)...but you don't want to add to the fast fashion problem. Fashion is now the #2 most polluting industry on the planet - second only to oil. Buying resale reduces your consumption of new material -- and selling your items when you are done with them helps the virtuous cycle continue.
Now that you're convinced that resale is the way to go, here are 5 reasons you'll flip for Moxie Jean's new Maternity Collection.
We felt it was only natural to expand our offerings to include fashions for moms-to-be. And not just any fashions -- we've stocked up with like-new pieces for work and play, priced at up to 75% off retail in sizes XS-XXL. So get to shopping and show off your bump in style!
Thursday, March 12, 2015
Basketball is the month’s main event. You’re never too young to display fandom, loud and proud. Here are ideas for shopping kids sports clothes, and tips for enjoying the big game together.